· CLEANINGS. If you have dental insurance, you will have coverage at our office for 2 regular cleanings per year.
· FILLINGS, CROWNS AND ROOT CANALS. When evaluating the best insurance coverage for you, look for coverage on procedures that you will most likely need. For a lot of people these are fillings, crowns and root canals. Fillings are usually under “Basic” coverage and crowns are usually considered “Major”. Root canals are considered “Endodontics”.
· ORTHODONTICS, IMPLANTS AND OTHER EXCLUSIONS. If you have more specific concerns, look at the coverage or possible exclusions for those items. If you have children that are going to need orthodontics, check for the orthodontic coverage. If you've been told you need a dental implant, check the implant coverage. It may be worthwhile to pay a little more in premiums to have coverage's for these items.
· RESTRICTIONS ON CHOOSING A PROVIDER. Watch out for dental coverage's that make you go to a specific clinic or dental office. We have had many patients come to us that are disappointed to find out that they need to go to a specific dental office and they didn’t understand this when signing up for their insurance.
· COST EVALUATION. The cheapest plan is not always the best one-neither is the one with the lowest deductible or highest yearly maximum. It is like anything else, you get what you pay for and if it seems too good to be true, it likely is. It’s most important to make sure you get coverage on the dental procedures that you need the most.
· ALTERNATE OPTIONS. If your employer doesn't offer dental insurance, keep in mind that we offer an affordable dental plan to help our patients get quality dental service at a price that they can afford. Check out our AFD In-Office Dental Plan by clicking on this link.
If you want to find out what dental work you may need in the future, stop in for a free consult. Dr. Zollinger can take a look at what is going on in your mouth and give you a full treatment plan of your dental needs. That can help you plan for your dental insurance needs for next year.
We would be happy to answer any of your questions about your treatment needs and your dental insurance. Feel free to give our office a call to speak to our insurance specialist.